The Biggest Story DVD/CD Review
Once Upon a Time:
That is how The Biggest Story DVD starts. I was hesitant to appreciate the video because I thought, "How can anyone say, 'Once upon a time' about a true Bible story?" Then I finished listening to this short half hour DVD. I fell in love with the storytelling and the beautiful artwork. I realized that Once upon a time is how fairytales start, but the story of God's love for us and for the world was even greater than a fairy tale, and I realized that those words just made the story even more realistic in a child's eyes.
I found the story very romantic. God loved me so much that He created me knowing He would have to let Jesus come to die for His Creation's sin? Although there is not a lot of animation in the video, it keeps the viewers' attention. As a matter of fact, if there were more animation, it would probably distract from the love story that is Jesus!
There are many ways to use the CD and/or DVD
- Purchasae the book and use the CD as a read along for the story.
- Compare the Bible with the story for compare/contrast.
- Listen to the CD in the car.
- Download the digital file and show it at Sunday School or a get together.
- Watch the DVD as a family. Play a trivia game at the end of the show.
- Ask your children what they learned from The Biggest Story, have them do a paper on it (for homeschool families).
- Keep the digital copy for yourself, and give the DVD to a friend.
- Talk about the art and have your children draw their version of a specific text.
- Includes a free digital copy
- Includes a free 2-sided poster
- Illustrations by award-winning artist Don Clark
- Features original music by composer John Poon
About the Author
Pastor Kevin DeYoung is the senior pastor of University Reformed Church in East Lansing, MI. He and his wife Trisha raise seven children! Of course he knows what kind of stories appeal to kids! He is a PhD candidate at the University of Leicester, a council member at The Gospel Coalition, and a blogger at TGC’s DeYoung, Restless and Reformed, and the author of several books. Check out his author page on Amazon HERE.