Since 1987, The Adventure Company has been setting the standard for top quality white water rafting! In order to ensure their guests have a safe and fun trip.
The Adventure Company guides are able to share their knowledge of the river, canyon geology, and tell stories to their guests because their high level of experience and confidence means they are not just focusing on getting through the rapids. Our guides know the river like the back of their hand, and they give their guests an education and fun experience.
To ensure the safety of guests The Adventure Company takes extra measures by doing the following:
- ONLY hiring guides that have a minimum of four years of commercial white water rafting experience
- Adhering to state regulations regarding river flow cutoff levels for commercially guided trips
- Employing an expert "safety kayaker" on trips to direct and assist any guest if they become a "swimmer" and are no longer a "rafter." This helps ease the guest and ensures that their time in the water is greatly minimized.
- Adding a 2nd guide to the boat for added safety and security during high water if our guests need extra help.
- Keeping boats on the river close together.
- Establishing an organized sequence so that should a rescue arise, our boats have the ability to help each other very quickly.
- Training for safety and rescue protocol and requiring our guides to be CPR/First Aid certified.
- Ensuring our equipment and rental gear is always updated, maintained and operable.